Admitad

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Book Lovers Quotes

If you want to fall in love, pick up a book and you will certainly fall into it.books are the humans best friends and I believe that they could be also the most caring lovers.
I put in between your hands a bouquet of amazing book quotes, and I hope that you will enjoy it.
Enjoy with love,
Art & Quotes

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”  Charles W. Eliot
“The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.” Isabel Allende
“I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” Jane Austen
“One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.” Carl Sagan
“When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” Erasmus
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” Neil Gaiman 
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” Jhumpa Lahiri
“She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain.”  Louisa May Alcott
“A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.” Salman Rushdie
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” Haruki Murakami 
“I can do things like that when I write–pluck any thread of want and weave a whole world.”  T. Kira Madden
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” Stephen King 
“I love the smell of book ink in the morning.” Umberto Eco
“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”  Bill Patterson
“It is is better to know one book intimately than a hundred superficially.”Donna Tartt
“Children know perfectly well that unicorns aren’t real, but they also know that books about unicorns, if they are good books, are true books.” Ursula K. Le Guin
“I love books. I adore everything about them. I love the feel of the pages on my fingertips. They are light enough to carry, yet so heavy with worlds and ideas. I love the sound of the pages flicking against my fingers. Print against fingerprints. Books make people quiet, yet they are so loud.”  Nnedi Okorafor 
“You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.” Ray Bradbury 
“Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.” E.B. White
“A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.” Charles Baudelaire
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” Walt Disney
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” William Styron
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” Groucho Marx
“I grabbed my book and opened it up. I wanted to smell it. Heck, I wanted to kiss it. Yes, kiss it. That’s right, I am a book kisser. Maybe that’s kind of perverted or maybe it’s just romantic and highly intelligent.”  Sherman Alexie
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”  Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” Jorge Luis Borges
“Books were my pass to personal freedom.” Oprah Winfrey
“I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”  Tahereh Mafi
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”  C.S. Lewis
“Words were different when they lived inside of you.”  Benjamin Alire Sáenz 
“A half-read book is a half-finished love affair.”  David Mitchell
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”  George R.R. Martin
“Books are everywhere; and always the same sense of adventure fills us. Second-hand books are wild books, homeless books; they have come together in vast flocks of variegated feather, and have a charm which the domesticated volumes of the library lack” Virginia Woolf
“If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it.” Toni Morrison
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”  Anna Quindlen
“If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads.” Francois Mauriac
“Some of these things are true and some of them lies. But they are all good stories.” Hilary Mantel
“A first book has some of the sweetness of a first love.”  Robert Aris Willmott
“She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” Annie Dillard
“Wear the old coat and buy the new book.”  Austin Phelps
“The best books… are those that tell you what you know already.” George Orwell
“In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you.”   Mortimer J. Adler
“I cannot remember the books I’ve read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.” Henry Ward Beecher
“What a blessing it is to love books as I love them;- to be able to converse with the dead, and to live amidst the unreal!” Thomas Babington Macaulay
“Books always make a room better.”  Tanya Boteju
“She sounds like someone who spends a lot of time in libraries, which are the best sorts of people.”  Catherynne M. Valente 
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” Paul Sweeney
“I owe everything I am and everything I will ever be to books.” Gary Paulsen
“Reading brings us unknown friends.” Honore de Belzac
“My alma mater was books, a good library…. I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.”  Malcolm X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Self Love Quotes

Love yourself because it will come a time where you will find yourself alone, and you will embrace that moment. So focus on being your best ...